Thursday, May 3, 2007

Handouts week 4

I read the handout this week and I went over the first document October 2006 – “The Great Presenter” like 3-4 times. I was reading those skills for a solid presentation in leadership and many of those I use them when preparing my classes. I teach Spanish to 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders, none of the classes (audiences) are the same, so it took me some time to learn and prepare a little presentations according their own personalities (Customize it).

Another important part is the context that a speaker or a teacher wants to transmit. Any person that is delivering a speech or a lecture needs to be prepared for any question the audience (or students) could have. I notice that my best classes are when students participate as I am delivering the content; they turn into active listeners when they are part of the lecture making the content easier to understand and easier to remember. The handout said almost the same when referring to speakers and involving the audience.

With every lesson I prepare, I practice different methods, ideas, tones of voices to get the attention from my students (audience). Being prepare makes the class easier for the students and for me, allowing me to relax and have fun.

I am discovering that a teacher shares many of the same skills needed to be a leader. I thought that a leader was something in a higher level, but leaders are found at every level in our daily lives. It is as important to learn how to work in groups as it is to learn how to be a good leader in order to help others.

No comments: