Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Quotes of the week in eloqui

I went to the site Eloqui and I found this section about tips, quotes, testimonials, words of the week. My blog and my Space start with quotes every week so I find very appeal those quotes and I wanted to share them.
Enjoy them... Those a little 'touch of culture and knowledge' as some teacher of mine put it referring to quotes.

TIP OF THE WEEK: Differentiators

Consider what is unique about you that your competitor cannot say. Were you on the high school debate or wrestling team and learned to read your opponent? Did you have a difficult set back or disappointment that made you more resilient? Or were you a military kid who attended a new school every year and learned to be adaptable?

In acting parlance, this history is your back story and gives you credibility. The old business model frowned upon injecting your own values and personality into a professional presentation. Today, in order to be trusted and liked, we want to know what shaped your character and viewpoint. The next time you are asked "why you?" you will be prepared-- both personally and professionally.

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: Poem 875 by Emily Dickinson:

I stepped from Plank to Plank
A slow and cautious way
The Stars about my Head I felt
About my Feet the Sea.

I knew not but the next
Would be my final inch--
This gave me that precarious Gait
Some call Experience.

TESTIMONIAL OF THE WEEK:

"... The entire business world should take your training."
Panos Papadopoulos
Strategic Sales Planning
Mattel

WORD OF THE WEEK:

Animus (AN-uh-muhs) noun. 1. Strong dislike or enmity; hostile attitude; animosity... 2. Purpose; intention; animating spirit... 3. In the psychology of C.G. Jung, the masculine principle, esp. as present in women

No comments: